Remembering the rules for washing the different things in our home can be a nightmare. Below is a list of the general rule of thumb when remembering how often certain things should be washed:
- Bed sheets: bed sheets should be washed once a week to remove dust, debris, sweat and other unwanted things. Make sure to use hot water with a temperature of 130 to 150 degrees.
- Washing the car: to protect the finish of a car you must wash it once every 1-3 weeks. Furthermore, if you live in climate that has frequent extreme weather conditions such as rain, it could help if you park indoors.
- Washing your dog: the frequency with which a dog must be washed depends on their living conditions, local climate and a bunch of other factors. It’s a good idea to let your nose be the guide when deciding if it’s time to wash your dog. A thick haired dog has to be washed around 3-4 times per year.
- When to wash your jeans: washing jeans too frequently can cause them to wear out permanently. Therefore, wear your jeans several times before washing them.
- Grout: you must wash grout once a year, and can be completed with a simple homemade solution. Firstly, spray a half-half mixture of chlorine bleach and water on the grout. Let it soak for 20 minutes and then scrub to remove the dirt.
Contact Kate’s Cleaning: