The bathroom is one of the rooms of the house that people truly hate to clean and it can be a breeding ground for germs and bacteria. We provide exceptional cleaning services in Chicago and we are not scared of tackling even the dirtiest bathrooms. Here are some tips that will help you to clean your bathroom quickly between visits. Remember to properly ventilate the bathroom and wear protective gloves before using cleaning solutions.
- Showerheads are often neglected but can be cleaned by allowing it to soak overnight by tying a plastic bag filled with vinegar around it (rinse by allowing water to run).
- Spray shower curtains with cleaner and place in the washing machine with some detergent to remove mildew.
- Clean shower doors by mixing a solution of baking soda and vinegar into a paste. Apply the paste to the doors, let it set for 60 minutes, rub in with a cloth, and finally rinse and dry with a clean cloth.
- Soak a bathroom cleaner in the tub for a few minutes and then scrub clean.
- Add toilet cleaner to the edges of the toilet bowel and water. Scrub under the rim of the bowl and especially where the water line is to remove accumulated bacteria. Flush the bowl and repeat the process if more cleaning is necessary.
- Clean the exterior of the toilet by spraying a disinfectant on all areas (tank lid, seat lid, seat, rim, and the undersides of the lid and seat). Wipe all areas of the toilet with a clean sponge or cloth.
- Allow all purpose cleaners to sit for a few minutes on sinks and then use a soft scrubbing material for any tougher deposits.
- Spray windows with a 50/50 water/vinegar mixture and wipe down with an old newspaper to avoid streaks.
If you live in the Chicago area and your bathroom needs expert and efficient cleaning, give us a call. We can help if you need to clean the bathroom in your apartment or condo before moving out or moving in. If you simply don’t have the time to get your home into shape, we are here for you.